A large number of foreign citizens live in Turkey, among which there are both residents of the Middle East and foreigners who came here from Eastern and Western Europe, the CIS countries. Russians, Ukrainians, Belarusians, Kazakhs and other nations love Turkey not only as a place to relax, but also choose it for permanent residence.
Thanks to the actively growing demand from foreigners, today the Republic of Turkey is one of the ten most popular powers in the world for buying liquid real estate.
As in any other country, in order to live in Turkey for a long time, you need to have a residence permit or Ikamet. The standard validity of a residence permit is 1-2 years, it can be extended an unlimited number of times.
The grounds for obtaining a residence permit in Turkey can be different reasons (marriage, study, business, work, etc.), but one of the most popular in recent years has been investing in real estate.
In fact, obtaining a residence permit is a natural result of buying a home as a property. It is important to know that a residence permit is issued only if there is a TAPU – a document confirming the right to own property.
List of documents for obtaining a residence permit based on the purchase of real estate:
– Application Form
– 4 photos
– Passport, photocopy of the passport (pages where personal data, photos, dates and the page where the last entry to Turkey is stamped is indicated)
– Photocopy of TAPU, for property owners in Turkey or lease agreement
– Paper from the Cadastral Committee confirming the validity of a copy of the TAPU at the time of submission of documents
– Annual earthquake insurance (DASK)
– An extract from a bank account or a receipt from an exchange office on the exchange of the required amount (for each month of residence, you must specify at least 500 USD)
– Medical insurance, issued in Turkey and meeting the requirements for obtaining a residence permit