Turkish citizenship can be granted to foreigners for a number of objective reasons. If earlier it was possible to obtain a Turkish passport in most cases by naturalization or marriage, today the state offers an excellent opportunity – to become a citizen of the country under a simplified scheme by investing in its economy.
Foreigners can invest their capital in the development of enterprises and job creation, investment funds, the purchase of government bonds, as well as in the purchase of real estate at a cost of 400,000 US dollars. This rule applies to the purchase of both 1 object and several objects for a total cost of 400 thousand dollars.
The advantages of Turkish citizenship by investment are as followings:
- Not only the investor, but also his wife and children under 18 years old will be able to obtain a passport.
- Citizenship is passed on to future generations of the family.
- According to the assessment provided by the Organization of Powers for Economic Cooperation and Development, the scheme for granting Turkish citizenship by investment is not included in the list of risky programs.
- Possibility of entry without a visa or under a simplified procedure in 111 countries.
- It is possible to obtain citizenship of two countries.
- There is no need to reside in the country. A foreign citizen personally must submit only an application and submit biometric data.
- You do not need to provide documents on the level of knowledge of the Turkish language.
- There is no need to provide documents about assets and income outside of Turkey, and more.
- Obtaining citizenship on a general basis is also available after 5 years of residence in the country.
- In the absence of the full amount on hand, foreign investors are given the opportunity to apply for a mortgage loan.